The following audiobooks were nominated in the 2016 Middle Grade Category. Reviews will be posted as they come in.
This category is being judged by Miss Pippi Reads. Would you like to join the crowd? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the nominees:
- Diary of a Mad Brownie by Bruce Coville, read by Euan Morton, Nancy O’Connor, Amanda Carlin, Scott Sherratt, Amanda D’Acierno, Jennifer Rubins, Joe Scalora, Dan Zitt, Tavia Gilbert, Matt Hostetler, and Karen Dziekonski
- Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan, read by Mark Bramhall, David de Vries, MacLeod Andrews, and Rebecca Soler
“It’s definitely a book to hear rather than read. It was nominated for an Audie for good reason! Each main character is read by a different narrator. The music, the ever encouraging music is throughout the entire book. It’s also specially created for this story by Corky Siegel. No stock music or generic tracks here.”
- Jump Back, Paul by Sally Derby, read by Bahni Turpin and Dion Graham
- Stellla by Starlight by Sharon M. Draper, read by Heather Alicia Simms
“Heather Alicia Simms read Stella by Starlight. What a smooth voice to hear! Simms has a gentle quality, even when the events of the story were intense. I would definitely listen to Simms again. She could differentiate between women, men, boys, and girls during her reading. There were songs as well which she sang a capella. Well done!”
- The Unmapped Sea by Maryrose Wood, Read by Katherine Kellgren