The following audiobooks were nominated in the Erotica Category. Reviews will be posted as they come in.
This category will be judged by Dee from Dee’s Book Blog. Would you like to join her? Send an email to email@example.com.
Here are the nominees:
- Alpha by Jasinda Wilder; Narrated by Summer Roberts and Tyler Donne from ACX/Seth Clarke
- Beauty from Love by Georgia Cates; Narrated by Bunny Warren and Robert Black from Audible, Inc.
- Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates; Narrated by Bunny Warren and Robert Black from Audible, Inc.
“Both Bunny Warren and Robert Black were new narrators to me. I’ve found when listening to duo’s narrating books that I often really like one, and not so much the other; or find them both to be fairly middle of the road. In this instance, it was the former – I really liked Bunny’s narration – I found she did a great job of narrating Laurelyn’s POV – her voice was pleasant to listen to and I found myself sucked into those portions of the audiobook. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about Robert Black’s narration. Maybe it had something to do with having grown up in Australia (for the first nearly two decades of my life), but the accent that he used for Jack just grated on me. Maybe that is how Australian’s sound to a complete outsider, but I don’t remember ever hearing them talk to like. I found it hard to listen to and distracting to the point that I struggled to listen to his portions of the audio. I almost wish I could have listened to Bunny’s stuff and read the male POV’s – it may have worked better for me. It also seemed like the author dug in and found all the random slang that aussies use – some frequently and other not so – I actually posted a question on facebook about one such phase because I had never heard of it in my life (apparently, Sanga is short for Sandwich, but not where I grew up). That made it hard for me.”
- Carter Reed by Tijan Narrated by Lucy Rivers from Tantor Media
- One Dom to Love by Shayla Black, Jenna Jacob and Isabella LaPearl; Narrated by Christian Fox from Tantor Media
“Even Christian Fox’s solid narration couldn’t save the trainwreck that was this book – I don’t remember the last time I physically cringed over such bad writing.”