Armchair Audies 2014!

Any day now the Audio Publishers Association will announce the nominees for the 2014 Audie Awards. Again this year several dedicated audiobook loving bloggers will be judging our picks of the 20+ categories and selecting the audiobooks we think deserve the award.

If you would like to participate this year as an Armchair Audies judge, leave a comment here or send an email to armchairaudies at gmail dot com. We’d love to have you. If you’re interested in past categories to get an idea of which you might like to judge, check out the categories and nominees from last year. If you’re brave enough to call a category before the announcements, go ahead and let us know.

This year we’re also planning on awarding our own best audiobook award. This award will be given to the narrator whose work exemplifies the reason why we listeners love audiobooks. The details are still being ironed out. If you’d be interested in volunteering for that committee, please let me know. We’d love to have as many creative ideas for creating this award as we can.

Here’s to another great Armchair Audies season!

About these ads

7 thoughts on “Armchair Audies 2014!

1. MissSusie February 13, 2014 at 8:26 pm Reply

You know I am in! I would love to do Solo Female Narration again if possible. Also let me know if there is another category I can pick up!

2. montsamu February 14, 2014 at 1:20 am Reply

Reblogged this on The AudioBookaneers and commented:
    Eagerly awaiting the Armchair Audies just about as much as I’m eagerly awaiting the Audie Awards finalists lists themselves:

3. Lucy February 15, 2014 at 7:12 am Reply

Count me in! I’d love to take on the Teen category again. Can’t wait to see the nominees!

4. MissSusie February 18, 2014 at 3:44 pm Reply

They have been announced! http://audiobooker.booklistonline.com/2014/02/18/looking-for-the-best-in-audiobooks-2014-audies-finalists-announced/
    I should have been like Tanya I don’t want to do Female Solo now Katherine Kellgren wins for me!..I wold like to do Mystery and Thriller Suspense

5. […] Whew! Quite a few categories not mentioned here, including Romance, Teens, Thriller/Suspense, Short Stories/Collections, Humor, History, Biography/Memoir, and various non-fiction categories, along with two Children’s categories. Check out the whole list, and play along via The Armchair Audies! […]

6. Melanie Greene (@dakimel) February 21, 2014 at 3:04 am Reply

I’ll do teens again for sure & will have to ponder the rest – looking forward to this so much!

7. Dee February 22, 2014 at 6:27 pm Reply

i’ll take romance again – kind of underwhelmed by the nominees, but maybe there will be a gem for me